Best Home Remedies for your Cracked Heels
Cracked heels are the most common foot problem nowadays. The common causes of dry and cracked heels can be medical conditions like obesity, diabetes, eczema, fungal infection, and other biomechanical factors. Contniue reading Best Home Remedies for Your Cracked Heels.
Some reasons for cracked heels:
- Wearing hard footwear or bare feet
- Standing for long periods on your feet
- Increased weight and other medical conditions
- Hot and prolonged showers or soaking feet in warm water daily.
- Harsh chemical products
- Climate and cold temperature
- Footwear that doesn’t fit on your feet. Skinny heel and shoes too tight.
So if you have any medical condition or the cracks are more severe and lead to bleeding and discomfort then you need to consult with a doctor but in some climatic and temperature issue or the issue with your footwear can be controlled by self at home.
Some of the time moisturizing your feet can fix the problem. Cleaning your feet rubbing to take off the dry skin and applying moisturizer is the first basic task.
Some ingredients that focus on moisturizing and softening cracked heels:
- Vinegar for the foot soak
- Olive oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil, shea butter, mashed banana for moisturize
- Paraffin wax to seal in moisture
- Oatmeal for exfoliation
Being aware of these causes for cracked heels you need to be careful for healthy feet skin. So let’s discuss some tips that will help to treat and prevent cracked heels.
- The major and first treatment of every problem is drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated. That helps to overcome other problems too.
- Moisturize your feet and use some cream or oil regularly. These moisturizers must include the following ingredients: urea, salicylic acid, alpha-hydroxy acids, saccharide isomerate, glycolic acid. Applying an occlusive moisturizer over the outermost layer of skin prevents moisture evaporate from the skin. The occlusive moisturizer includes petroleum jelly, lanolin, mineral oil, silicones.
- Wearing cotton socks at night. After applying moisturizers wearing cotton socks helps to keep the moisture, allow the skin to breathe, and save the bed sheet from becoming stained. Nowadays moisturizing socks are also available that are better to hydrate your skin.
- Soak and Clean feet properly by rubbing with a pumice stone is a must. That helps to reduce the thickness of hard skins and remove dead skin cells from the skin. Scrubbing and exfoliation are also necessary for treating dry skin. But be careful of over-exfoliation.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm salty water for 20 minutes
- Use a pumice stone or foot scrubber to remove hard skin, dead skins
- Take some time to gently dry your feed
- You can crush neem leaves and turmeric also to relieve bleeding infected heel.
- Apply a thick layer of moisturizer and put on cotton socks.
- Appropriate selection of footwear. Avoid bare feet and enclosed heels. Corrective footwear help to ease the stress on your feet and avoid friction and irritation too.
- You need to take preventative measures for the growth of bacteria and fungus that causes infection. Use a disinfectant and antifungal foot soap to clean feet regularly. Red, itchy scaly feet are the sign of fungal infection so if these symptoms are seen then visit a skin doctor as soon as possible.
- Regular exercise for the improvement of blood circulation. Sole massage, sand walking, towel crumple can be fruitful to relieve your feet skin.
- A balanced diet including vitamin E. vitamin E is rich in antioxidants that protect cells and help to live longer. It helps the robust immune system as well. Vitamin C also acts as antioxidants and prevents cellular damage. It protects the skin from environmental damage.
- Applying a liquid bandage also prevents infection and cracks. It provides a protective layer and reduces pain, directly contacts with dirt and germs too. These liquid bandages are also suggested by dermatologists too.
Cracked heels can be treated at home by controlling your behavior and applying moisturizers. Always be careful and prevent from drying the skin. But if the cracked heels are the condition of a medical emergency then follow up with the doctor and prevent the condition to get serious. Apply this Best Home Remedies for Your Cracked Heels then I am sure you will get the benefit.
Suggested reading: Glowing skin